There’s a world of opportunities for those who know where to look. To get you started, Hyperallergic has launched this monthly resource for artists and creatives eager to get their work out there and challenge themselves to create something new.
- Miami’s Art in Public Places Program and Miami Dade County Department of Aviation (MDAD) are seeking South Florida-based visual artists and artist teams to create integrated artworks in two areas of the Miami International Airport. Applications are due on July 15 and 22, respectively. [Miami Dade Public Art]
- In partnership with Creative New Zealand, the Bishop Museum Library & Archives has launched a residency in Hawaiʻi for Māori artists or practitioners called the Wānanga|Wānana Research Residency. The residents will explore archival material that shows a continuous relationship between Hawaiʻi and Aotearoa. Applications are due July 19. [Bishop Museum]
- The NYC Women’s Fund for Media, Music and Theatre provides grants to support women working in the fields. The program provides finishing grants for film, television, and digital projects; funds for the creation of music recordings or videos; and production funds for live theatre. Applications open July 10. [NYFA]
- The Museum of the African Diaspora in San Francisco is seeking applicants for its Emerging Artists Program, a call for artists to submit a solo exhibition proposal of their work. Three final artists will be selected to present a 3-month exhibition of their work. The application deadline is August 5. [MoAD]
- The Queens Theatre is accepting applications for the second year of its Theatre For All initiative, a training program for early-career Deaf and disabled actors. Actors with a disability who are recent graduates and/or actively pursuing a career in the field are invited to apply before July 15. [Queens Theatre]
There is still time to apply for one opportunity that appeared in June’s “Opportunities for Artists”:
- The Jericho Fellowship is awarding four prizes for an essay, a play, artwork, and innovative project based on the theme “epiphany.” Awardees will receive a grant and be invited to a four-day cultural symposium in Venice, Italy. Applications must be submitted by July 30. | Jericho Fellowship
Check out even more opportunities at hyperallergic.com/opportunities.